Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 104

    Model villages

    December 16, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today we decided to explore the Cotswolds, we began our journey in Broadway, where we admired Broadway Tower but didn't explore inside as the entry was £20 per person?!

    We then headed to the pretty village of Stow-on-the-Wold (yes that's a real name) where we saw St Edward's Church, where old yew trees flank the north door of this scenic church with a tall tower built in medieval times. It is said that these doors inspired Tolkien's vision for the door to the Mine of Moria.

    The next stop was another village with a fake name Bourton-on-the-Water. This village was stunning, we grabbed a creamed tea in a cafe near the lake that goes through the town before exploring through all the laneways and checking out all the shops. This town is what Nyora and Daylesford aspire to be!

    The next and final stop was Bilbury where we checked out Arlington Row, a row of heritage listed houses that look exactly as you'd imagine a little English cottage to look like.

    After stopping of at Lidl for dinner snacks we headed to our hotel where we enjoyed some pints in the bar below before hitting the hay.

    Steps: 10.1k
    Read more