Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 114

    No Christmas leftovers 😕

    December 26, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 1 °C

    Today started with us checking out of our private hostel room and leaving our bags in the (very full) bag holding area. We're not changing location, but we are moving to shared accommodation now that Christmas is over.

    While we waited for the new room to be ready, we decided to find ourselves a cafe to have a hot drink. We eventually did and then decided that while we have some time, it would be a good day to do the washing.

    We collected our laundry and went on the 20 minute walk to the nearest laundromat which also turned out to be a coffee shop/laundry hybrid. Instead of doing it ourselves, there was a nice man who we paid and he put the washing on for us and transferred it to the dryer when done. This gave us some free time to walk around a new part of the city, which was nice.

    Eventually we collected our laundry and walked back to the city centre. By then it was lunch and we had pizza on the brain, so we went and scratched that itch!

    Once we were back we checked back into a different room and relaxed the rest of the day!

    Step count: 14k
    Read more