Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    G-g-g-ghost!!

    December 28, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌬 5 °C

    After surviving a night in a 20+ person dormitory (which wasn't too bad, fortunately!) We checked out of our hostel and went on a walking tour of the city.

    Since we've been in the city for a few days now, there were quite a few locations the group went to that we had walked past before, so it was great to be given the extra context from our guide!

    Eventually we finished the tour and an ice cream, which was delicious. As we walked back to the hostel to collect our bags, we walked past a reasonably priced hairdresser so Phill got a quick haircut and then we walked to our new accommodation. Which happens to be a cheap hotel instead of a hostel for tonight, yay!

    We relaxed for the afternoon and finally got to watch the Pixar movie: Brave! Which we hadn't seen before. But since it's a movie based in Scotland, the two of us decided it'd be the best time to watch it.

    Of course, with a movie you need a snack (and lunch/dinner in our case) so we ended up with another delicious munchie box again! Filled with unhealthy "Asian" delights!

    After finishing the movie we headed out to the main event for the evening: A haunted bus tour. This was basically a fun double decker bus that drove around the city and told gruesome tales of different areas! It was good fun, as well as a little odd.

    Once it was complete, we walked back to the accommodation and chilled for the rest of the night.

    Step count: 11.8k
    Read more