Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Happy new year!!

    December 31, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    This morning we took some time getting up, after lazing about for most of the morning we realised we agreed to meet our Aussie friends at a 'Oz bar' to celebrate Melbourne new year.

    After the Melbourne NYE countdown, we then stayed for QLD countdown, and finally Perth. We had one too many beers and no food for the day so we wandered over to the Beehive Inn where we enjoyed some chips and toasted sandwiches. We then parted ways from our friends as the new year celebrations for Edinburgh was still many hours away.

    We can back to our Airbnb and relaxed and snacked for a few hours until about 21:30 when we met up with the same people and squeezed into the street party where we listened to some questionable music and talked until midnight.

    The firework display was amazing, another thing they did was from 9pm the had a small firework show on every hour which was nice.

    After the fireworks everyone joined hands and sang Auld Lang Syne, which is tradition to bid farewell to the old year.

    Happy new year to everyone, here's to a great 2024!

    Step count: 10.1k
    Read more