Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    More stolen treasures

    January 2 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    This morning we got up and checked out of our accommodation and marched back up to the old town where our final beds are for Edinburgh. It was much too early to check in so we put our bags in storage and sat in the common area to plan the day.

    The decision was made to head to the national museum of Scotland. Fortunately for us, like the national Museum in London, it is also free to enter!

    We made the short walk, sat down for a coffee, then explored the building. It had many impressive exhibits, but the ones we spent the most time in were the natural history, as well as the science and engineering section, the latter of which had a lot of really fun interactive exhibits!

    Once we were done we walked around exploring some more random shops that were in the area. Then we went and checked in our room.

    Our plan for late lunch / dinner was to use our favourite app again and get a meal pack from our favourite store (Greggs!) But the saddest thing happened: when we were about to walk out the door they cancelled the order... Very sad.

    Instead we went to the supermarket and got ourselves a meal deal, came back to the hostel and then did some planning before relaxing the rest of the night.

    Step count: 11.3k
    Read more