Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 123

    Platform 9 3/4

    January 4 in England ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    We awoke early this morning and said goodbye to Edinburgh which had been our faithful home for the past 2 weeks. We boarded a fancy train which gave us breakfast and some hot drinks on our 5 hour journey to London.

    After arriving at Kings Cross we headed across town to drop our bags at our current accommodation as we couldn't check in yet and went on a journey for lunch.

    We stumbled across a Amazon Fresh which was a grocery store linked to your Amazon account and has no checkouts, it just tracks where you are in store and what you pick-up, it was a surreal and scary experience after we left getting an email pointing out that we had been in the store for 3:41 minutes and charged for the one thing we bought.

    We stopped off at a ramen/soup shop where the server thought Bec was deaf and Phill was signing at her, whereas he was just being a bully.

    We went for a walk to get our steps up before finally checking in to our accommodation, where we rested as we're both still sporting lovely crackly coughs.

    A trip to Lidl was made for the next few nights dinners before relaxing and planning our day out tomorrow!

    Step count: 16.2k
    Read more