Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 9

    Ashcroft - Day 3

    17 lipca 2021, Kanada ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Last night I rode my bike up to the mesa to check out the area and to see how far it is from our campground to a trail head we thought we might want to hike today. It turned out to be quite the grunt to get there. Before heading to bed a bus load of wild fire fighters arrived and setup tents not far from our campsite. They must have been pretty hot and tired from fighting the nearby forest fire.

    Today is going to be an easy day here in Ashcroft. Without our truck and no bus or taxi service, and a fair amount of smoke in the area of the trail we decided not to do the trail hike. Instead we decided to walk the 2.5 km to the Desert Hills Farm Market to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies. We knew the route as it was in the same area as the swimming pool we visited on our first day in Ashcroft.

    We got an early start before it got too hot. The market had lots of great food to choose from, but with just the two of us we had to forgo much of it. It was a pleasant walk, but the views would have been better had it not been so smoky.

    This afternoon will be spent relaxing by the river in our campground. We plan to go out for dinner at a restaurant we can walk to in town later.
    Czytaj więcej