Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Harrison Hot Springs

    July 22, 2021 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Yesterday morning we left Logan Lake. We had our morning coffees, ate breakfast, got the trailer packed up and road trip ready and walked along the lake into town one last time so that Laura could get her COVID19 vaccine at the local health unit.
    On arrival at our final, trip destination we met up with my sister, Netty, who was planning to spend the day and one night with us. After setting up our trailer, we had a cold drink before heading for a walk into town. On arrival I was surprised to see a large inflatable water park just offshore, impacting our view of the once beautiful view of the lake and surrounding mountains. We walked along the lakeside and up to the source of the hot springs which has made this area so popular. You can experience the natural springs if you like but in this location it is basically a muddy bog.
    Back at the campsite we relaxed for a while and then made a nice pesto pasta dinner with Caesar salad and pan fried, garlic butter shrimp for the three of us. We finished the day with a couple of games of crib.
    Today, we had a pancake breakfast with Netty before she headed back to Maple Ridge and before Laura and I went on a 24 km bike ride along country roads to Agassiz and back. We then had a lunch where I ate two mettwurst sandwiches using the mettwurst Netty had brought from a deli in Maple Ridge.
    For the afternoon, we walked into town with our beach towels, books and umbrella to enjoy a relaxing time at the lagoon on the lakeshore. I bought myself a chocolate ice cream and Laura a favorite Kampucha drink after we had been there a few hours. It was very relaxing just watching people and reading our books.
    Back at our campsite, I am enjoying a Grolsch trip and will shower up before we head back into town for dinner at the Old Settler Pub.
    Despite the challenges posed by fires and extreme weather we’ve managed to make the most of it and have had a really fun trip!
    Read more