Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Our 4 month journey begins

    November 29, 2019 in England ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    We woke up this morning super excited and anxious for our 4 month trip! How has it come around so quick?!? Will we be okay? Can we do this? Are we actually backpacking for 4 months?!? All sorts of stuff running through our mind! But, we knew that the day had finally arrived, something we both had been looking forward to for a very long time. We were looking forward to creating lots of memories with our family in the first 2 weeks of our trip but most of all looking forward to #AKUPA time for a solid 3 months!

    We headed to London Heathrow Terminal 2 (also known as the Queen's Terminal) at 7:30am to catch our first flight to Changi, Singapore. We flew via Singapore airlines, an airline we had never flown with before, therefore we were really looking forward to it! I must say, their hospitality throughout the flight was spectacular & the Hindu Vegetarian meal we asked for during our flight was the best flight meal we have had to-date. Can you believe we got Rasgulla as desert on the flight?!?! It was amazing! The staff on the flight were very polite and extremely helpful to a point where one of the staff members gave Paras a whole list of things to do during our stay in Singapore! Thank you so so much!
    Read more