Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Le Louvre et Notre Dame

    April 6, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We started the day taking Charlie, Sam and Teddy to their respective schools. None of the boys were happy to say goodbye, however there'd be plenty of time to come, to kick the ball with the cousins. We wandered down to the Siene and a rather heated match of soccer ensued in an upside down boat. Of course.

    As we continued our walk, Richard was most informative, giving information on the regions we were walking through, the buildings we were passing and the history of the city. We happened upon the Notre Dame, and Sarah and I recreated a photo that we took some 18 years prior. I don't think either of us had changed in all that time... much.

    The Louvre was next, as the boys had to see the Mona Lisa. We had a tip from Richard's mate at Le Peleton Cafe on where to go to skip the 2 hour queues to get in. Within 20 minutes of arriving we were inside and walking the halls. We viewed the Venus de Milo, before making our way to see the main attraction. We spent 2 minutes in the room, and the attitude from the boys was best summed up by Jack's reaction: "Meh."

    We wandered through for the next few hours and found the rooms, art, historical artefacts most interesting.

    On our way home I saw that a friend of mine, Michael was also in Paris. We hastily arranged a catch up and Sarah and I were able to leave the boys at home and head out for a nice beer at a cafe.

    Richard had also received an invitation from a friend to his restaurant for a supper club. Elise was not feeling 100% so I was fortunate enough to stand in. A wonderful degustation menu met us in a wonderful location, overlooking Jardin du Palais Royal.
    Read more