Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 21

    Chania

    19 kwietnia 2023, Grecja ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    Today was a down day without much activity. Last night’s movie night encouraged everyone to have a sleep in. Rowan was the first to wake and grabbed a towel and made his way down to the city beach. With only one other man in the water, it wasn’t a great advertisement for the temperature. A quick dip in the refreshing water was all that was required.

    The location we had picked for our apartment was half a block from the Chania National Stadium. I use those words lightly. A reasonable running track surrounded an average soccer field.

    As always, the boys were keen to spend their energy, so we took the Ampelman football over and tried to find some kids to have a kick with. We were unsuccessful in that venture, however the boys had fun running 400’s and 800’s around the track. Campbell has set his sites on the Olympics for 800’s and Fred surprised us all, completing two full laps without stopping. He didn’t break any world records, but he kept at it and got it done in reasonable time. Good effort.

    We also went back into the ‘old town’ of Chania and went shopping. I bought a beautiful ring and earring set - early Mother’s Day present. The ring shows a copy of the Phaistos Disc - from a Minoan Palace in Crete. Campbell spent some of his birthday money and Fred used the last of his money to buy a bracelet of ‘protecting eyes’ - protection against curses.

    We then let the boys head back to the apartment and Row and I went to a local cafe, to enjoy the sun and a beer.
    Czytaj więcej