Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Finally found them!

    August 10, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Featherdale Wildlife Park - we finally found those penguins!! Incredible sanctuary of koalas, wombats, kangaroos, and many other Australian animals. We found a koala as requested by Isla and Nora and got a picture with him for proof. Feeding the kangaroos was amazing. Amy was slightly scared of them at first, which I mocked her for, but then she returned the favour later in the day.

    Town of Leura - stopped for lunch at a bustling cafe with views of the mountains. Reminded us of Picton.

    Blue Mountains - massive sandstone mountain ranges surrounded by sprawling a rainforest valley, which is larger than the Grand Canyon. It became clear that our driver, Huxley, was brand new and had never driven along the cliffs before. At each stop, the guide, Tony, would get out and show Huxley tips on how to start the car, how to maneuver around the cliff edges, etc. This was terrifying but Huxley pulled through and we made it.

    Breathtaking views from the top and a series of trams and railroads to bring you down to explore the rainforest floor. These rides are where Amy got her revenge for the kangaroo teasing.

    Took a ferry back to Sydney along the Parramatta River at sunset. Then enjoyed yum cha for dinner in Chinatown (what they call dim sum).
    Read more