Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Ready to go

    May 11, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Our journey begins on the 11th May unless the weather forecasts is bad in which case we would begin a day early.
    We will post our position with notes and pictures every couple of days unless we end up somewhere without WiFi.
    It's all about the journey not so much the destination so we are not booking ahead unless we have good reason too.

    The car is prepared with new half shafts, hubs, bearings, seals and brakes. I've also changed the steering box for a much more efficient one which means the car does not have the tendency to wander and the turning circle is much smaller so it will be easier on the alpine passes.
    In the coming days we will test our programming of the sat nav by going on a trip to the sea side via several way points.
    Today is the 5th and I start packing the car with all the spares and tools I intend to take to give me time to order anything I may have forgotten. I realised that our flight bags are too solid and bulky to fit in the small space we have for luggage and spare parts so I've ordered 2 rucksacks which will squash into the available space easier. These will carry the clothes for what might be there three weeks to get to Malta where we can wash everything properly. We will be able to wash bits in hotels and dry them in the engine compartment.
    Read more