Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day four to Rimini

    March 30, 2022 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    I woke up this morning and looked out of the window. It was raining. Ugh! I had checked the forecast yesterday and it said it would rain possibly thunder in Rimini but I was expecting to at least start off dry.
    I prepared for a lot of rain which means that apart from my normal riding clothes which are very waterproof I get two zip lock plastic bags. One will have my two passports and it goes in an inside pocket of my jacket and the other will have my mobile phone. I learned the hard way last trip and put my phone in a pocket that had filled with water. This trip I'm also carrying a thin waterproof jacket to put on top of my normal jacket. It should stop the pockets filling if it rains really hard.
    I was on the motorway quite quickly and set the cruise control at 125kpm and stayed in the toll roads all the way to Rimini. I must have passed 2000 trucks in the four hours it took. There was a lot of traffic until after Bologna. Not very scenic after yesterday's ride but it was nice to see the fields of pink or white blossom in all the vineyards.
    I didn't rain for long at the start so the first two hours where dry. In the last two hours it rained but not nearly as hard as I was expecting so I was fine. The temperature stayed around 12c.
    The bike is now nice and cosy in an underground car park.
    Rimini has hundreds of hotels, it must be really busy in the summer. After a walk along beach I took a 45 minute walk into the old town. It was raining all the time so I didn't explore as much as I would have liked. To be honest I was underwhelmed. I went to the park which is pretty. There is so much traffic here it is difficult to get away from it.
    Tonight I'm going for an authentic Italian pizza and tomorrow I have another four hour ride straight south sticking to the Adriatic coast where I've booked another out of season four star hotel.
    Read more