Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Cleopatra Farmhouse

    March 13, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We gamely ate our way through our second 6 course dinner last night. The number of guests here has gradually dwindled, the first evening it was 16 for dinner, last night it was 6 and this evening I think we are down to 4 guests with a new couple arriving today. In the meantime we are the only guests and as soon as we sit down anywhere we are immediately asked if we would like anything by one of the many staff and family who are here, very much in the lap of luxury!
    This morning the weather outlook was not very promising with thunder showers forecast for the middle of the day. Immediately after breakfast we were driven about 15 min to highmoor state park. Due to the weather outlook our driver waited for us while we went for a modest hike. It’s very nice up there with wide vistas all around of cliffs and rolling moors. We spent about an hour walking up there before some threatening clouds forced us to return to our vehicle. Our timing was perfect as we had no sooner returned to the farmhouse when the rain started in earnest. There was nothing else to do but sit in our comfortable armchairs by the fire and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.
    Read more