Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Triacastela

    July 26, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    We reached Galicia today, and arrived in Triacastela, after 26k, at about 12:30. We started our trek at 5:30am, walking straight uphill, for the first 5k, our headlamps lighting our path. Walking in the dark is magical. The stars seem so close, as the full moon that guided our walk two weeks ago, has now decreased to a sliver. The tiny droplets that appeared in the beam of my headlamp, turned into a fog bank, and hid the view below the mountains when we reached the top. Walking in the dark is silent, allowing for things to emerge and transform. It also presents surprises, like the dog who was not sure that he liked me walking by his barn in the dark. After lots of barking, and a momentary standoff, he allowed us to continue on our way. As the sunlight emerged over the mountain range, we shared a cup of coffee and made a toast to the new day, and our last Tuesday, walking the Camino.
    Triacastela , our destination, is a small farming community, with gardens and cattle. The photos show some of the sites, including the cows who don't follow street signs, and the bathroom sign that gives explicit instructions, in case you need them.😂 Love to you all!
    Read more