Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Milan

    April 12, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Started the day with a run around the Arco della Pace and the Castle Sforzeco.

    Unfortunately the washing machine in our Airbnb is stuffed so took a load of clothes to the laundromat and knocked off some some work while I was there. A lady approached me and tried to engage in conversation - only problem is I only speak English.

    I’m confronted daily by the fact I’m the only person in most conversations who speaks just the one language.

    We then headed to the Duomo via tram. They have really old school trams here which remind me of when we first moved to Melbourne.

    Grabbed some paninis in a small cafe and then walked through Duomo and then up the stairs to the top.

    Once we’d ticked the ‘culture’ box for the day we went shopping around Milan which was fine - it’s not cheap here at all though - an AC Milan too was about 170 Australian….🙄

    Made our way back to the house via the Arco della Pace and the Castle Sforzeco. Kids were more interested in the local cats than the history - but that’s the way it goes.

    Grabbed an Aperol and an Apertif without the kids - always a highlight - and then headed out for dinner at Pizzium.
    Legendary pizza and bucket sized aperols….🤣
    Finishing the evening with AC Milan VS Napoli on TV. Tried to get tickets but eg were going for $400 Australian each. Given it’s a 80,000 capacity stadium that’s good going.
    Read more