Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 6

    Day 6

    16. huhtikuuta, Yhdysvallat ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Woke up to a beautiful sunrise view today! Cowboying was successful but Charlotte and I had a bit of condensation on our quilts. I think it is to do with the material and the high loft. My ground sheet was also quite wet on the bottom.

    We had a leisurely first breakfast at camp with hot coffee, then we hiked 6 miles in the cool morning air to Scissor Crossing. Quick hitches got us to Julian, CA. Leo and I took the first one and Sam and Charlotte took the second.

    Leo knew some people who stayed at the lodge in Julian the night before, and they let us shower before they had to check out.

    From there we went to Moms pies for our free slice, and then bopped around town, one shop had testers of body lotion and spray which made our cloths smell slightly better😂 I got a necklace with little pine trees there.

    We hit the little grocery store and did what we could to resupply. I probably didn’t need to buy any food but did anyway. Then we hit a vegan cafe that Sam wanted to try for mushroom tacos and salads.

    We tried for the better part of an hour to hitch back to Scissor crossing but gave up and not for lack of cars. We ended up on the 5pm shuttle with Professor.

    We ran into the extended trail fam under the overpass and took off before them. We hiked 2.1 and are camping at 79.4. Too many bugs to cow boy so we are all squeezed into a tiny valley in our tents.
    Lue lisää