Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Bocas Del Toro, Panama

    May 1, 2016 in Panama ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    How long: 4 Nights
    Stayed: Selina Hostel
    Travelling with: Shira and Solo

    Arrived in Bocas after a sleepless night bus from Panama City. No idea why they have to have the busses so cold!! Met Matin and Yardin in the bus station in Panama and they were travelling on same bus. Parted way in Bocas and Shira and I went to our hostel which was right on the water so a win straight off. Chilled for a while and then decided to hit the beach which was a taxi boat across from us. Came back in the late afternoon and treated ourselves to a lovely meal in an Indonesian restaurant on the water. Next day got some bikes and went for a cycle across the island to bluff beach....absolutely stunning. Deserted and just sea and sand for as far as the eye can see. Next day we opted for a boat tour out to the national park and Isla Zapatillas beautiful deserted island where we spent a few hours relaxing and swimming. Stopped off to try and spot some sloths (Oso Perezoso) on an island on the way back. Saw one lazy bear far up in the trees but needless to say he was sleeping.
    Back to hostel, had some dinner with Shira and she opted for another early night (we had been in bed by 9.30 every night) but i reckoned it was time to discover why Bocas was called a party town. Had a fun night out with the two Israeli boys until they disappeared then was chatting to the local police....yep out drinking...and some French Canadians.
    Shira headed off next morning but I opted to stay another day and then head to San Jose next day. Easy day, reading and swimming. In the evening met a nice NYC girl called Jackie in the hostel so we headed out for dinner and back to the hostel when the Israeli boys came to meet us. Bit of madness ensued which involved high dives into the sea in the middle of a bar....never too old!! :)
    Very painful start next day but was happy made the most of my time in Bocas
    Read more