Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30–33

    San Pedro de Atacama

    May 3 in Chile ⋅ 🌬 21 °C

    Once we had crossed the border into Chile and headed down into San Pedro de Atacama, we said goodbye to the Andes mountains and high altitudes. Once we arrived in San Pedro, we went for an orientation walk of this small town before stopping for a late lunch. After a relaxing afternoon exploring the town, an average dinner and a few post meal drinks we got ready for the next day.

    The second day was a big one, we had an early start to get ready for sandboarding in death valley. This was awesome fun and wasn't too difficult to pick up and most importantly, didn't stack too hard. The hardest part was, unfortunately to go down the sand dune, first you have to go up, and the only option was to walk, there was no chair lifts like in snowboarding.
    The evening of the of our second day was capped off with stargazing in desert. It was an amazing opportunity to see the stars unhindered with light pollution, the guide also showed us how to take long exposure photos on our phones and pointed out some important stars, constellations and galaxies. We also had an opportunity to observe some particular stars through some telescopes.

    The final full day we explored the moon valley which was aptly named as it looked like a barren planet with it's geolocial structures and craters watched the sunset over a picnic. The next morning we had an early start as we had another full day bus ride to say goodbye to Chile and arrive in Argentina.

    Dogs?
    Read more