Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44–46

    Iguazu falls (and Paraguay)

    May 17 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    After the long overnight bus from Montevideo, we finally arrived in Puerto Iguazu (the Argentinian side of Iguazu), where we crossed into Foz do Iguazu, to visit the Brazilian side of the Iguazu falls and where we would be staying, where we were able to go on a board walk right out into the a part of the falls known as "Devils Throat", which was amazing but also incredibly wet. After the falls, on the way to our minibus, we saw a group of Coatls, cousins to the raccoons, where we observed their clever abilities to get into the bins. After checking into our hotel, we had a chance to have a cocktail by the pool before heading off to dinner.
    The next day, we visited the Argentinian side of the falls, where we were able to go on boardwalks over the top of the falls for an amazing view. After the walk, we had the opportunity to ride a jet boat up the river towards the falls before going right up to and partially under the falls, where we got absolutely drenched but it was an amazing and unique experience.
    After the boat ride, unfortunately due to the weather it wasn't viable going to the bird sanctuary, so we decided for a quick border crossing to Ciudad del Este the largest city of the border region and a part of Paraguay, where we were able to explore one of the giant shopping malls Paraguay is famous for due to their minimal taxes on goods. That night, we were treated to our first experience of Brazilian BBQ in an all you can eat fashion, the food was delicious.

    Visit Brazilian side
    Visit Argentina side
    Boat ride under water fall
    Surprise visit to Paraguay
    Read more