Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 41–44

    Montevideo

    14 mai, Uruguay ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Arriving in Montevideo later in the evening, we checked into our hotel before heading out for a bite to eat, where found a brewery. The brewery had a great range of beers and food which we were able to enjoy whilst watching a game of football.
    The next day, we went for a free walking tour of Montevideo, where we learnt about the history of Uruguay and the impact of being wedged in between the Portuguese colony of Brazil and the Spanish colony of Argentina, how the shared fight for independence with Argentina led to many similarities between the countries including the flag and it's significance, and the "forward thinking/contemporary" of the country has lead to the development and implication of many laws well before the rest of the continent including the legalisation of gay marriage over a decade ago.
    After the walking tour and lunch we went to the memorial museum for the "plane crash" which showed the remarkable resilience demonstrated by the survivors against all odds as well as the wider impact the crash has on changes to flight industry as a whole.
    Leaving Montevideo we would have a long overnight bus to Iguazu falls

    Brewery
    Free walking tour
    Museum
    En savoir plus