Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    To SEVILLA!!! (17 km, no elevation!)

    April 24 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today we had a really nice walk. Entrances into big cities are usually kind of ugly and garbage filled, but this one was very pleasant. It took us a while to get out of Dos Hermanos, which is a bedroom town for Sevilla now. But once we were out., we walked through nice fields, until we got to the outskirts of Sevilla. No industry, no illegal garbage dumps, no big commercial areas. There is a huge military cuartel (barracks) in a beautiful building about 5 km outside of town. We had a nice chat with the guard who explained that both the Guardia Civil and other military personnel live in these barracks.

    The Camino essentially took us down a promenade that used to be filled with mansions. Some are still standing, but many have been replaced by modern buildings.

    We went past the soccer stadium, and into the beautiful Maria Luisa park,where we had our first bit of evidence that Sevilla is mobbed with tourists, From the Plaza de España, we made our way to the main tourist center and went to the Cathedral for our pilgrim stamp.

    We are staying in the same hotel I have stayed in twice, when I walked the Via de la Plata. It’s still a one star hotel, but it’s prices are no longer one star level. Sevilla has become very expensive. I last stayed here in 2013 or 14, and the room that I’m paying €110 for today cost 30 or 10 years ago

    Luckily, we bought tickets months ago to visit the Real Alcázar, can’t wait!
    Read more