Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Port Douglas/Chim arrive!

    May 27, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Today we had a drive through karanda and the surrounding suburbs. On the way to the airport we stopped off for ice cream biltong, just as we were reversing the trailer a bus load of people arrived. We sprinted to get ahead of them, and although we made it in first, the old people had no regard for the line and we had to wait..

    After getting ice cream and biltong we headed down south to pick Kim and Charles up from the airport. After we picked them up we dropped off Archie off at a pet sitter, as we made our way up to Port Douglas. Once at the accommodation we headed out for a night in Port Douglas.

    3 Days in Port Douglas:
    Day 1 -
    We started the day with breakfast and a short trip to the markets! An unreal Thai for dinner where they allowed byo (with a bottleshope adjacent to them). Josie only stalled the car twice while driving everyone!

    Day 2 -
    A trip to the Daintree, an exotic fruit farm with coffee and ice cream ( we got the 4x combo flavour, jackfruit, passionfruit, wattle seed and coconut), and then to end the day Bruce Belcher's Crocodile tour. We ended the day with picking up a golden band snapper to cook and a wholesome games night.

    Day 3 -
    Mossman gorge! A walk, and a swim through the mossman gorge. After finishing up there we trekked down to palm cove for the next 2 nights.
    Read more