Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Shibuya/Harajuku

    June 23, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    All feeling slightly dusty the next morning after a late night, we rallied together to fix ourselves with a hearty bowl of Ramen. Josie was particularly excited to be able to experience her first Japanese Ramen, and it was absolutely delicious. We had pork Tonkotsu Ramen and enjoyed the experience of ordering through a vending machine before handing in your order and sitting down to eat it together.

    Feeling much better, we caught the subway to the Shibuya area. A real Tokyo train experience where we had to push in together like sardines - we didn’t think we’d get on at first!

    In Shibuya we visited the Nintendo and Pokémon centres and did some shopping, of course walking through the Scramble Crossing.

    We then made our way over to the Harajuku area which had a really different vibe full of colour and young people.
    Our destination was a cafe specialising in latte art and we of course had to have Archie created.

    Dinner was a great charcoal bbq spot we stumbled across - again loved the authentic shoes off seating and a proper charcoal grill rather than a gas one. Delicious beef, pork and chicken and we tried beef tongue too.
    Read more