Satellite
Show on map
  • Montmartre

    June 26, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We arrived in Paris, and were very surprised by the ease of going through immigration, (the non existent) customs and getting to our hotel. At this point we had nearly been awake for 26 hours straight, so we headed out to dinner. Thankfully Josie had booked ahead for a spot at the popular boullion pigalle as the line was two blocks long. Two starters, three mains and a bottle of wine all for under 60 euro saw us through a wonderful start to the trip.

    The next day we got up and went to the Sacre Coeur, we arrived there at about 9am, and amazingly there were no lines so we could head straight in, we also went up to the look out point (it opened half an hour late and we were able to slip in). Once down from the look out we were shocked by how long the line was. It was huge! So tip, get there at about 9am.. after the look out we headed out to a bookshop and to the cemetery before heading home for a quick nap before your Michelin star dinner.

    Prior to the dinner we headed down to the Eiffel tower and had a drink (and a burratta salad) underneath it. Josie unfortunately got some glass in her salad, so.. free meal!

    Very special dinner at substance that night, a goodbye present from Josie's work colleagues.
    Read more