Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Wineries and Chateau De Bagnols

    June 30, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After leaving the town of Vezelay we once again braced the roads, although it was a small day of driving it still gave us some challenges.

    We stopped along the lovely countryside of Dijon with some winery and a fromagerie stops, when we hit a snag. Specifically a snag in the form of a gutter which slashed a hole in the tyre. Cue some panic, as we got all of the insurances but didn't get roadside assist. Oh and the insurances covered everything except the tyres.

    The car did have a patch kit so we used that so we could find a tyre shop, but of course didn't take into account the fact that at mechanics in country France there is minimal English. "Parle vous anglais?" I asked the very grumpy looking owner hopefully, to be met with a very disdainful "no." He did help us with the aid of Google Translate, testing the tyre and announcing it should be ok for our remaining drive of 700km.

    We made it to our accommodation for the night later than expected, but very keen to have a relaxing evening. Tonight's accom was at Chateau de Bagnols - a 12th century castle turned fancy hotel. We were definitely out of place but enjoyed the Succession vibes.

    A relaxing swim in the indoor pool, a walk around the gardens followed with dinner on the patio of a baguette, cheeses and meats and a bottle of wine from one of the wineries we visited. We decline to eat at the 200 euro a head Michelin star restaurant onsite that seemed to only have one main option of sweetbreads.

    We went to sleep praying the tyre would stay inflated overnight.
    Read more