Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Florence

    July 3, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    After almost missing our first train (we literally had to force the doors open to get on), four changes later we arrived in Florence in the mid afternoon. It was hot and it was busy.

    A very sweet AirBnb about a 20 minute walk from the station, not the easiest with luggage. We ventured out to get our first Aperol Spritz of the trip and to find Jono's Nanna's apartment in the Duomo. The crowds were totally insane, it was a bit of a shock to the system!

    We had a great dinner of pasta and Florence steak, the area's speciality. Josie was especially happy to be eating Italian food!

    For our full day in Florence we spent the day walking through different parts of the city and visiting some of the stops we'd flagged such as famous sandwich shops and a jewellery shop. Quickly realized that anything found on TikTok was going to have a giant line of people. And the jewellery shop had to shut up early as they couldn't handle all of the visitors thanks to a viral TikTok.

    We ended up going past Trattoria ZaZa's at about 4.30pm and there was no line so decided to have a spontaneous very early dinner to see what the fuss was about. We ended up enjoying ourselves with a few pasta dishes and another steak, but certainly wouldn't bother lining up. Noted to ourselves to avoid places that have too many reviews, even if they're all positive.
    Read more