Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Hotel Villa Garden, Sorrento

    November 8, 2018 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Warmly welcomed to this beautiful seaside Villa, with an exceptional mimosa, this will be our home for the next few days. Sorrento is a hidden gem south of Naples; rich in history, spectacular views and yes, wonderful food!
    After a tour of the Villa, we find our luggage in our rooms... I have to pull myself away from taking in the view from my room, unpack, freshen up and rejoin the others in the reception room. And we are off with our local guide, Enrica, for an evening walking tour of the village and on to dinner. St. Anthony, their patron, is proudly represented and revered by the residents. Beautiful church shares the many miracles he interceded for those who came to him.
    November till mid March is not as crowded here as in the summer months, so walking down the streets is not difficult. We popped into a limoncello store for a quick tasting, will have to remember this place to come back to purchase a couple of bottles to bring home.
    Dinner as always was excellent, back to the Villa for a good night's sleep tomorrow-another day of adventures awaits us.
    Read more