Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Budapest, Hungary

    January 2, 2020 in Hungary ⋅ ☀️ 3 °C

    Full day in beautiful Budapest. After cruising through the night, we grabbed our coats, breakfast to go and coffee to see this awesome city at sunrise. Little chilly (-2°C) on deck but with blankets hot coffee we had a great view. Little history narration of Buda and Pest, the major bridges and Elizabeth Island, we dock on the Pest side and have our walking tour through the Market then bus tour through the city and to the castle district on the Buda side . Up at the castle area, we did a little walk to have the best views of the city. Free time to explore St. Stephen's and head back to the ship by motorcoach where a warm lunch of Pho is waiting. Back out to the market for last minute shopping and then a dip in the pool, which is wonderfully warm! We had received a special bottle of Chianti and enjoyed it during our water relaxation.
    The ship was to reposition to its overnight dock, so prior to dinner we had about an hour evening tour of the city all lit up. Amazing!! I love this city. Tomorrow we disembark the AmaLea but stay the day in Budapest and fly home Saturday.
    Read more