Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    1st full day in Yellowstone.

    August 17, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    To think a year ago I was writing about Budapest and The Danube Viking River Cruise, so many new & beautiful places to see there. Just as many if not more to see here in the US, some places I've never been to. Peggy was heading to New England to visit some states she has never seen.
    Weather here was beautiful on Sunday, not too hot, 92ish, but boy did it get cold, needed to get up in the middle of the night and put on long pants. Was 48° in the morning.
    We got the fire started and what was supposed to be last night's dinner became this morning's breakfast... grilled pork and rice. Along with the French pressed coffee of course. Off for our morning hike, down to the marina and walk long the lakefront. Then off to the Natural Bridge hiking trail. Beautiful day for a hike. I am by no means in good enough shape for a long hike let alone an up hill one, but I made it to a beautiful view point, Peggy continued on. Headed on to Old Faithful, not knowing when the next eruption would be, but we walked around and found a perfect spot (in the sun), ate lunch and waited. A couple of teasers and finally - what a sight... somethings you have to see in person to really believe and understand.
    Little bit of shopping and back to our site for dinner and fire. What a day, slept great.
    Read more