Satellite
  • Day 7

    Run around the lake

    January 19, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌫 18 °C

    As we do, we went for a morning coffee and a run around the Hoán Kiêm lake in the heart of Hanoi this morning.

    Isabel did 10km and I did 5.5km. The distance around the lake is about 1.6km. We had to go around a couple times, but running in the streets is virtually impossible without a death wish.

    Everywhere along the lake there are beautiful gardens and little ladies making new gardens.

    Not the easiest run ever as the humidity coupled with the heavy polluted air made it very hard to breath. It almost felt like running at a very high altitude.

    As I was running everyone around looked at me and whispered to their friends. Some even tried taking a selfie with me in the background. Kids were screaming and waving when I passed by.
    I am not sure if this reaction was due to the fact that I had shocking green trainers and matching running shorts on, or if it was because I am about 4 ft taller than everyone, or because of my curly brown hair compared to everyones straight dark hair, or is it that I am the only one who does not have a "Mr. Miyagi" beard.

    Be as it may I am certainly considered a freak in this country. One guys actually called me "King Kong", not sure if thats a complement. Haha

    {Roedolf}
    Read more