Satellite
  • Day 2

    Tomb Raiders

    January 26, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    This is where our tomb raider journey begins. Unlike Angelina Jolie in the Lara Croft Tomb Raider Movie, we had to first queue for tickets.

    Our guide/temple photography expert took us to buy tickets for tomorrow and told us that we can use those to also get in today to catch the sunset for free. Already glad we have this guy!

    We stopped at the back of the temple which is clearly not where almost 10,000 tourists a day enter.

    We first walked over what looks like reasonable size river, this was actually the mote that goes around the temple, this should already have indicated to us that what we are about to see would be magical. Then we entered through a hole in the exterior city wall which have fallen into ruins over time.

    Inside the wall was a lush jungle and you could hear birds and insects all around. As we turned onto a path leading to the temple we could see the main tower of the temple sticking out between the trees and I got goosebumps as it felt like we were in the scene of a movie just walking to the temple.

    We did not have time to go inside today but we were amazed by the sunset and the beautiful colors that nature brings to this beautiful 900 plus year old temple.

    I can not wait to see more tomorrow!

    {Roedolf}
    Read more