Satellite
  • Day 8

    100% better!

    February 1, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    This place is so much better, the bungalow is still pretty rustic but has a little more of a finished look. At least the bathroom is tiled and it has a bit more room with a proper balcony.

    These places always look more appealing in photos than it does in real life. Theres sand everywhere and it's impossible to not get sand in the bungalow even if there is a bucket to rinse your feet at the bottom of the steps.The mosquito net is no longer white from all the times it has been used and you can actually hear birds nesting in the roof. But what do you expect from a remote deserted island? Its as bare basic as you get, the running water comes straight from a nearby stream and is not drinkable, you only have electricity from 6pm to midnight.

    We are not here for comfort but to enjoy nature. Nature is exactly what you get here, you can hear the ocean from your bed and its just a complete different pace here, one day feels like a week and there are not much to do other than sit around, sleep, swim, lie on the beach, snorkel, eat and drink.

    Needless to say we have not done much today.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more