Satellite
  • Day 9

    Good morning my island

    February 2, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    How glorious to wake up after 9 hours and open the door to this view!

    Day 123 of our trip was a "lui lekker day". We started the day with some breakfast which I will remember for the worst coffee ever (basically oil) and trying to eat our food before the flies eat it first.

    The coffee was so bad I could barely drink a quarter of it and even Isabel could only manage half a mug. Believe it or not, the photo is the coffee with milk already added, the milk did not even change the colour slightly.

    Yes there is a fly in the fruit salad, that's basically seconds after they put the plate down, We weren't able to take more pictures of the rest of the food because we needed both hands to try and wave the flies away.

    After breakfast we relaxed in our hammocks on our balcony as you do on an island and then did some yoga on the beach like true hippies. Took a swim and had a late morning nap.

    We only woke up because our stomachs told us to do so we had lunch and then relaxed some more in the hammocks. We used this time to work through a bible study piece in our "love and respect" bible study book. I must say this was one of best quiet times we've had, its just so much easier to be quiet and listen when you have nowhere to go. May we learn from this today and take it with us wherever we go.

    At 4 pm we convinced our lazy selfs to do something physical. It was between a little hike to the next beach or some snorkeling, so we chose snorkeling as it seemed like less work.

    Awesome day on the island.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more