Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 19

    Day 19 - 7,123 Miles, Muir Woods

    23 januari 2020, Förenta staterna ⋅ ⛅ 54 °F

    Day 19 - 7,123 Miles

    Driving along the PCH 1 curvy section leaving SF towards was Muir Woods is the equivalent of an “E Ticket” in Disneyland. Along with steep drop offs and no guardrails, we were treated with spectacular views of hidden beaches, glimpses of the bay, and acres of eucalyptus trees peeling their bark, almost as a wave to us, lining the highway.

    Arriving in Muir Woods, which is designated as a National Monument, was, at first unremarkable, and I briefly questioned why I insisted we take this excursion. But moments into our hike I was looking at some of the most beautiful and untouched pieces of nature I have ever seen. There is a strange silence here, first because redwoods are insect resistant there are few birds and secondly because whispering feels like the only way to speak to someone.

    I have never seen the Coast Redwoods yet they are the tallest living things on earth and can reach heights of 379 feet and reach a diameter of 22 feet at chest high.

    I hope to return here one day!

    “Muir Woods looks like a place where fairies would live.”
    -Teresa Bomkamp.

    “In every walk in nature one receives far more than he seeks.”
    - John Muir
    Läs mer