Satellite
  • Day 404

    Day 405: Back to Malaga

    March 26, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    A slightly unfortunate consequence of getting the ultra-cheap car rentals and flights means that sometimes sacrifices have to be made! So it was for us; that despite being right near a major airport, we had to spend close to 5 hours driving down the south-eastern coast of Spain back to Malaga.

    Our car rental was a return hire (not one-way), and our flight was from the cheapest airport in Spain, Malaga. So back we went!

    Not really much to report from the drive, as most of it was inland and fairly boring scenery. McDonalds for lunch was a particular highlight! Though we did also slightly retrace some steps from last year, driving past a couple of spots where we'd visited not long after first arriving in Spain. Only about 13 months, but it feels like a lifetime ago.

    Filled up the car with petrol and gave it a wash too, then checked into the same hotel we'd stayed in 10 days ago when we arrived back on the mainland. Checked into our room and just hung around, writing and doing bits of work.

    Ate dinner downstairs at the restaurant which was passable but not brilliant. Early start tomorrow so early to bed as well!
    Read more