Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 34

    34 Buenos BA 2

    9. joulukuuta 2023, Argentiina ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Well it could have been a quiet night after dinner ! Being a bank holiday it was quiet out last night and with late dining the norm here we had a restaurant to ourselves ! It was so easy to order!
    The tower by night is booked tonight !
    The opera is full on across the street .
    Sunday night and the Palacio Barolo experience is booked which means a trip to hell, purgatory and hopefully heaven !
    Oh another Forest game to endure before then.
    It’s just 10am and the karaoke hasn’t really started and the red wine is finished ! But the party people are appearing - bedtime!

    Lots of political posters left over from election and bleak news ! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/09/i…

    Oh yes this place has a lot of hairdressers - weird !

    A walk north this time !
    Off to the Congress building and hopeful of bc a croissant at the art deco El Molino but it’s closed and gated ! Weird!
    A wander down to the theatre turned huge bookshop El Ateno! Amazing place ! We hike down to the Cemetery La Recoleta and wander around the ornate and grandiose tombs of the famous dead !
    The Peron tomb is crowded - natch!
    The church next door is flush with shrines and stations !
    Over to the park and the arty Floralis Generica !
    There is a hike of 2km out of town actually past the airport where there’s a really weird sight but I decide against it despite the atlas obscura recommendation. Tierra Santa ( the Holy Land) is for the religious nut - Bible stories are “brought to life in a glorious cartoon kitsch theme park “? Really! go read ! A walk too far !

    Check out this wondrous find from Atlas Obscura: Tierra Santa https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/9674

    Back on the straight and narrow we head up the main drag to the Obelisk neatly decorated for Xmas !
    A viewing of the majestic Colon theatre is put off by huge queues

    A beer in our local Celta bar to listen to the football or just drink beers ?

    Forest draw - better!

    Tonight it’s tango time - oh god!
    Lue lisää