Satellite
  • Day 29

    Last Day!!

    March 5, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    We woke up about 9am got ready and packed our stuff, we then checked out at 10am. We had until 2pm to kill time before we had to return our van. We first got some McDonalds again, this time we made sure not to make the same mistake as last time with ordering the whole store hahah. We sat in the car and ate it in a carpark. We then headed in to Auckland. As we had some time to waste we found a beach in Mission Bay and stayed there for about an hour. It was nice becuase the sun was actually out. We then headed to Jucy. We got there and needed to unpack the car. This took about an hour as we had so much food and stuff we had accumulated over the last month. We gave a lot of stuff to a couple who was collecting their van next to us and then threw out loads. Once we had cleaned everything we headed into the office and signed our paper work. We went over our trip with the ladies and the issues we had and got reimbursed 2 days in the end for our battery issues. We then waited about half an hour for the airport bus. While we waited we started chatting to these 2 guys whos van had unfortunately been broken into. By the sound of it they'd had the worst few days. Their wallets, passports and clothes had been stolen.
    We got to the airport about 5 which was roughly 3 hours before our flight because we were flighing China Air our time were not on the board just yet. We waited outside and ate some donuts lol.
    About 6:00ish we headed in and checked in. Our flight was slightly delayed which was annoying. We ate some Hungry Jacks then boarded about 8:30, so depressing our holiday was over! The flight home wasnt to bad we both just watched a movie. It was raining and so sticky when we arrived, bugs were attacking us while we waited for Chris's dad lol. He picked us up around 12pm and then we headed home.

    The end hahah. Such a great holiday!!
    Read more