Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Taipei Day 2 - Maokong

    March 24 in Taiwan ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Got up at 6, went for Taiwanese soy milk breakfast at 7.30 near the hotel. No English name to the place, but very nice! Had soy milk (just nice not too sweet), fried stick, pancake with pork Floss, scallions pancake and turnip cake.
    Went to Palm Sunday mass at St Anthony's near Taipei 101, at 9am. Very long winded, but good we made it. Procession from a small park, around the block back into the small church in a shop lot. Didn't leave til 10.30 (took communion but the mass still wasn't over then)!
    Went to Taipei 101 and luckily even though we booked for 10am, we arrived at 11am and they still let us go up.
    The Taiwanese are pretty chill I think.
    Went to the food court to get lunch, had pepper lunch style sizzling beef and rice, and sizzling sotong rice.
    Afterwards we were planning on going to Taipei Zoo but because we were a bit late already, we decided to go up to Maokong on the Gondola instead. Stopped at Zhinan temple station first, and explored the cliff side temples which were very majestic and used by locals. Had a few cats around which we enjoyed with.
    Then another Gondola ride up to Maokong which is a tea farming area, so we had the popular tea ice cream and bought some local loose tea to bring home.
    Took the Gondola back down to Taipei Zoo Station, and a couple of MRT hops later, we were in Ximending walking the pedestrian walking area and night market.
    Went to The Red house, and bought a few souvenirs. Went to the bar area behind and also the underwear shop, but did not go in. Pai seh. Saw some dance performances of aspiring teen idols, had Taiwanese fried chicken hot star style, then accidentally came upon Ay Chung flour rice noodles so had it, and it was pretty good.
    On the way home stopped by at family mart, bought onigiri, pao, yoghurt drink and tea.
    Read more