Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Taipei Day 5

    March 27 in Taiwan ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Had Fu Hang soy milk for breakfast, it was about 40 mins wait before we eventually got up the stairs into the food court-like area to order and eat. The salty soy milk with spring onions was weird, the soy milk and everything else was regular. The yu tiao was nice and crunchy.
    We then took a bus to Liberty Square and on the way there we stopped by at Nanmen market where we bought some jerky, Floss and sweets.
    We walked Liberty Square, pass the arch, into the Arts buildings and saw the changing of the guards at Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. We stopped by the pond to have the snacks and had an isotonic drink called Super Supao from a vending machine, wtf.
    Then took a train and bus to Shilin and on to the National Palace Museum. In the train we were falling asleep so we had bottled coffee from 7-11.
    National Palace Museum had some really cool pieces from China, from the BC era til the mid 1900s. Some really intricate and delicate workmanship and curio artefacts. The carving and polishing of some of the material is just mind blowing, like the Jade Cabbage, meat piece, multi layered carved ivory ball, carved fruit and olive pits, hair pieces and decorations, sandalwood carved furniture and screens. Too many to list.
    Afterwards went to Shilin Night Market for dinner and had corn and Sausage dog, grilled chicken thighs, large meatball dumpling, green mango, grilled Sausage, papaya milk.
    We then went to TaipeiEye to watch a stage petrormance of Monkey King and Monk Tang vs Rat Spirit. Captivating entertainment. They also let us wear robes ala noble style for pictures, and then pictures with the performers.
    After a long day we returned to the hotel, but not before grabbing hot dogs from Mos burger and drinks from 7-11.
    Read more