Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    All that's left is trash...

    February 29 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 1 °C

    Today is the penultimate day of clearing the units!

    We started by going through the final boxes that we thought might have things to donate and we found some real treats (see owl, old rusty sheep shears, Motorola phone and letter above).

    The rest, was decidedly, trash. We have accumulated so much trash during this process: empty boxes, bags full of papers, old medicine and even some bits of food. Most of it was not smelly, but it still had to be put somewhere and it sure as hell wasn't going back into the units!

    We are lucky that grandma Anne has dumpsters in her building that get emptied on Thursday and Monday mornings and so we filled them up on Wednesday night and then refilled them up in the evening today with the trash from both the Wheaton units and the downers grove units.

    With the trash emptied we were able to successfully close the downers grove account and she will finally be able to stop paying the $190 a month she has been paying for 10 years! Hooray!

    Tomorrow we shuffle things around and try and fit it all into 2033, so we can reduce the number of units from 6 to 2 in Wheaton. Wish us luck on our final day of this exciting adventure!

    Love,
    H & H
    Read more