Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 15

    Mount Rainier

    12 de maio de 2023, Estados Unidos ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Things were a bit warmer this morning, so after a leisurely breakfast we headed back up the mountain.

    Our first stop was at the entrance to the closed loop road. We parked up and set off walking along the tarmac with snow along the road edges. The sun was shining and the sky was blue.

    Once we returned to the car, we drove up to Paradise and splerged on coffee and a treat (pretzels and hummus for me 😉).

    On the way down we stopped at the twin firs 🌲 walk way. Well, when they warned about ice axes we should have listened 🤣. The walk started well, along a normal type of track. Then we crossed the bridge over the top of the waterfall and things changed. Snow ❄️, more snow ❄️, deep, soft snow ❄️. We persevered for a while but once we hit a large snow field in full sun, there was no choice but to sink or turn back. So turn back we did. After a few slips, sinks and slides we made it back to the bridge and, soggy footed, back to the car.

    We stopped At Longmires for lunch, which was average. After lunch, we did the meadow loop again and saw a deer.

    We headed out of the park and to Ashford, filling up with petrol. By now it was hot, the car was showing 80°!

    It was time to return to the cabin and start to prepare for moving on tomorrow.
    Leia mais