Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Skagway

    May 28, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    Woken early by porters moving cruisers’ suitcases into the truck below the window. We went to a local cafe for coffee and breakfast and then packed our bags.

    At 10am a shuttle from our next hotel arrived and took us half a mile down the road 😂🙄. We left our bags and went to the national park service museum. We listened to a talk about the women in their gold rush and then looked at the museum. It looked dreadful, an awful lot of hardship for little reward.

    We then went for a walk to Smugglers Cove and sat by the beach for a while before it started raining.

    We went to a brewery for lunch, I had a salmon salad. We then went to a quirky museum to see Soapy Smith’s collection of stuff.

    Afterwards we walked to the hotel in the rain where we checked in. We then went to the laundromat only to find in was going to close in 10 minutes so we will have to come back tomorrow.

    We nipped in the supermarket and got a few bits for dinner before going for a walking around a different part of town.

    We watched some videos about the gold rush and had dinner in our room.
    Read more