Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Around Brooks Camp

    June 22, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    After a pretty good night’s sleep (except for the rain), we got up and had the first shower in 2 days. I don’t think I’ve ever walked so far for a shower, past so much bear poop before 😬.

    After breakfast we walked to the falls platform and sat for a while watching for bears. After an hour or so we returned to the ranger station without seeing any but the sun was out and drying my shoes.

    We had lunch at the ranger station picnic area and then back to the campground for a little afternoon nap.

    We then went to the lodge to charge some devices and have a cuppa. We walked out onto the bridge and down the peninsula with the barge. The mosquitoes were pretty bad so we worked our way back towards the lodge. We saw a group of people on the beach and went to see which bear they were looking at, 901 and her cubs.

    We then went to the lodge for a beer before returning to the campground for macaroni cheese for dinner.

    After dinner we went to the beach and watched 90/ and her cubs again before bed. The cubs were cavorting and playing, which was great to watch.
    Read more