Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Brooks Camp

    June 22, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    A really slow start today, who would have thought I would have a lie in a tent?

    After breakfast we walked out to the falls again. We heard there was a porcupine but we didn’t see it.

    We hung out at the falls platform for a while but no bears came along. We then walked over to Brooks Lake and saw some hares along the way. When we got there, there were a couple of planes on the lake as the waves on the main lake were a bit rough.

    On the way back to the campground we saw some bear ears walking through the woods. We then sat on the bridge for a while and the ears came out of the woods, along with the rest of the bear and crossed the river. After watching the bear for a while, we went to the campground for noodles.

    After lunch, we walked out to the bridge and sat watching the birds before heading to the lodge for coffee. We then headed back to the bridge and decided to walk back to the falls platform. There were still no bears but it was a nice evening walk.

    When we got back to the lodge we sat by the fire pit and had a beer. We then had salad and soup for dinner before an early night.
    Read more