Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Last full day at Brooks Camp

    June 24, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    I was awoken early for beaver 🦫 spotting. We got up around 5.15am and walked to the bridge. We hung around watching the scenery and wildlife, fortunately it wasn’t raining. Just after 6am we saw a v in the water and the beaver 🦫 was swimming into the river mouth. We watched it for a while, it climbed onto the bank a few times and then swam right towards us and under the bridge before disappearing into the tree roots.

    We then made our way to the lodge and had a full hot breakfast, with fruit 🍉😀. What a change from cereal and dried milk!

    After a hot shower (so much steam I set the smoke alarm off 🤷‍♀️) we walked out to the falls platform. Still no bears but we did see a full eat a baby merganser whole and alive.

    On our way back to the campground we had bear sightings number 7 and watched it for quite a while. When we could, we returned to the campground for lunch and sorted through some things in preparation for leaving (hopefully) tomorrow. The forecast isn’t good but we’ve been reassured we should be able to fly out.

    After lunch we walked back to the falls platform and sat for a while watching nature. It started to threaten rain so we started the trek back towards the lodge. At the bridge, we sat for a while and watched the birds and nature until the rain hit.

    We then made our way into the lodge for drinks and dinner.
    Read more