Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Last morning at brooks

    June 25, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    We awoke to pouring rain 🌧️, not what we wanted on tent pack up day. Never mind 🤷‍♀️. I got all the bags I had brought for this eventuality and we got everything packed down and into the suitcase. There’s a mess there to be sorted another day.

    We made breakfast and went to drop our bag at the ‘bags to King Salmon’ porch. Then it was finally time for coffee.

    After coffee we heard 901 was on the beach with her cubs so we watched them for a while. We then went for a last walk to the falls.

    On the way back from the falls we saw a big male, apparently Popeye. We watched him for a while before getting our noodle lunch.

    We sat in the lodge until our flight was called. We then walked to the beach and climbed aboard the Katmai Air float plane. After 20 minutes we arrived in King Salmon where we transferred to the ACE plane for the 1 hour flight back to Anchorage.

    Once in Anchorage we collected our left luggage and caught an Uber to the air bnb.

    After a coffee, we walked to the supermarket and bought dinner. Once back at the air bnb we started the process of cleaning all the camping gear.

    By 7pm we were ready for dinner and an early night.
    Read more