Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Golden Gate and Muir Woods

    June 29, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    After helping ourselves to plenty of free breakfast pastries 🥐 (we will do even better tomorrow) and coffee we got ready and went to Louis Diner for breakfast (second breakfast?).

    We then walked to the bus stop and caught the 30 to Ghirardelli Square, where we transferred to the 28. This took us to the Golden Gate visitor centre. After a look around, we set off walking across the bridge. It was a little windy and foggy but we had some good views.

    Once we got to the other side, we found the bus stop and caught the 130 to Sausalito. In Sausalito we bought a deli sandwich which we ate looking out to sea.

    As I was putting my rubbish in the bin, I noticed an advertisement for a shuttle to Muir Woods,$3.50 return. I went online and booked it and next thing, we’re heading to Muir Woods. The journey took about an hour.

    Once there we used our national park pass to get in for free and spent just over an hour walking around.

    We caught the return bus and then caught the ferry back to Fisherman’s Wharf. The ferry was a bit expensive at $14 but we had good views of the bridge and Alcatraz.

    Once off the ferry we walked to the bus stop and caught the 8 back to where we started and walked back to the hotel. The whole journey cost us $25 each, so much cheaper than an organised tour!

    Back at the hotel we waited for Lindsey and Amanda to arrive at the hotel. After they had a super speedy check in, we went for dinner at Loris before bed.
    Read more