Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Last day in Yosemite Valley…for now

    July 6, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Yet another 4am start and a car park at Yosemite Lodge. We had breakfast in the Basecamp Eatery (I forgot my bacon). We then set off on our self designed valley loop. Unfortunately we encountered flooding in the first quarter mile so we turned around and went back the way we had gone a few days before.

    When we had the chance we headed off through the meadows, looking at flowers and mountains. We noticed a few mule deer and slowly walked towards them. As we got passed them we noticed them running to try to cross the road. As we were watching them a bear 🐻 popped out of the meadow and started looking around. Suddenly it started gambling along like a lamb and bouncing through the meadow.

    Once it was gone we continued walking towards Curry Village. We walked through some other meadows and came out at the Mirror Lake bus stop.

    We decided to catch a bus to the Ahwahnee where we had a drink before walking back to Yosemite Village and getting lunch. We then went back to the pool and had a refreshing swim and relax.

    We then drove back to Wawona and did a bit of packing before relaxing in the evening.
    Read more